Pipe Fittings are Piping components that help in changing the direction of the flow such as elbows, tees. There are different types of pipe fittings used in piping.
Fittings are divided into three groups:
Butt Weld fittings: ASME B16.9 Standards. Applications of BW fitting includes leak proofing of pipes, adding strength to the pipe system, and reducing pressure losses and turbulence.
Socket Weld fitting: ASME B16.11 Standards. Class 3000, 6000, 9000.
Threaded: ASME B16.11 Standards. Class 2000, 3000, 6000.
The most common materials used in fittings produced is carbon steel, stainless steel, cast iron, aluminium, copper, glass, rubber, the various types of plastics, etc..
Pipe Fittings used in piping work are listed below:
- Olet (Weldolet, Sockolet, Elbowlet, Thredolet, Nipolet, Letrolet, Swepolet)
- Swage Nipple
- Expansion Joint
- Steam Traps
- Long Radius Bend
- For Wrought Product (WP) Dimension is covered in
- ASME B16.9- which is standard for Factory-made Wrought Butt-welding Fittings for size NPS 1⁄₂ to NPS 48” and
- And B16.28- which is standard for Wrought Steel Butt-Welding Short Radius Elbows and Returns for size NPS 1⁄₂ to NPS 24”
- For Forged Fittings Dimension are covered in
- ASME B16.11- a standard for Forged Steel Fittings that covers Socket Welding and Threaded fittings
We are Steel Available, an online supplier relationship management and sourcing platform connecting suppliers and buyers from the heavy industry. We are developing the first ecosystem in the heavy industry, which allows clients to efficiently manage and automate their supply chains using web-based tools and services. Our goal is to reduce the hidden risk in value chains by providing the information that matters, from compliance to quality assurance, creating value for all stakeholders.
To get more information you can download our brochure.