Steel Available is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may collect the following information:
- Personal details, such as your name, address, telephone numbers;
- Contact information including email address;
- Demographic information, including preferences and interests;
- Website usage data;
- Other information relevant to client enquiries;
- Other information pertaining to special offers.
Personal Data Collection
In addition to our duty of confidentiality to you, we shall at all times fully observe the Personal Data Ordinance in collecting, maintaining and using your personal data. In particular, we observe the following principles, unless otherwise required or permitted by law or agreed by you:
- we will only collect personal data from you for purposes relating to the provision of Steel Available services or related products;
- we will take all practical steps to ensure that your personal data are accurate;
- we will take all practical steps to ensure that your personal data will be destroyed in accordance with our internal retention period;
- your personal data will be used for the purposes for which it was to be used at the time of collection or directly related purposes;
- your personal data will be protected against unauthorized or accidental access;
- you have the right to access and correct your personal data held by us.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- We may use the information to improve our products and services;
- We may periodically send promotional emails about products, special offers or other information we think might be relevant to you;
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to our requirements.
Messages sent over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure. We are not responsible for any damages you incur if you send a message to us, or if we send a message to you at your request, over the Internet. We are not responsible in any way for direct, indirect, special or consequential damages arising from or in connection with the use of this Site.
Due to the nature of the Internet, communications over the Internet may be subject to interruption, transmission blackout, delayed transmission or incorrect data transmission.
Third party sites
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we may use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Notice on marketing
Occasionally, we may use your personal data to send you marketing communications such as emails containing news, offers, promotions and joint marketing offers. However, we will first obtain your consent before doing so. Please see below on how to opt out.
We may also provide your personal data to third parties including our marketing partners for the purpose of marketing their products and services to you.
You may opt-out from receiving marketing communications at any time by writing to us at the address listed underneath, under “How to Access or Correct Your Personal Data”.
How to Access or Correct Your Personal Data
You may request access to and correct your Personal Data held by us. If you wish to obtain a copy of any of your Personal Data, if you believe that the Personal Data relating to you which we collect and maintain is incorrect, or if you believe that the Personal Data held by us was used beyond the scope of the purpose of use disclosed above or was acquired by fraudulent or unlawful means or provided to a third party without your prior consent, please write to us at the address below.
A request for access or correction to, or deletion of Personal Data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of Personal Data held by us must be in writing and sent to us via postal mail at the following address:
NOI COMPANY LIMITED, 17/F, Cornwall House, Taikoo Place 979 King’s Road,
Quarry Bay, Hong Kong.